Tonya S. VanBenschoten
Tonya handles all aspects of family law- divorce, dissolution, separation, custody and support.
She has extensive experience with each element from negotiations to litigation.
Tonya has completed the training for and has been on the appointment list as a guardian ad litem in Hamilton and Clermont Counties. She has over sixty hours of training in mediation services, with an emphasis on family/divorce law.
In addition to family law, Tonya provides estate planning services and represents individuals seeking Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy relief.
Tonya has been a member of the Kentucky National Guard since 2001. For the first seven years she worked as a military police officer, including a deployment to Baghdad, Iraq where she was awarded several medals including a Purple Heart.
In 2008, she commissioned as a Signal Officer and spent the next seven years in service to the 149th Brigade as a platoon leader, executive officer, and company commander.
Tonya was a Judge Advocate, serving as trial counsel for the Kentucky National Guard, and is currently the Cyber Law Chief and Deputy State Judge Advocate for the Kentucky National Guard.
Tonya is married and lives in Northern Kentucky with their six children.
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- B.A., Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY), 2006.
- J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law (Highland Heights, KY), 2011.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Academy of Northern Kentucky Collaborative Professionals
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio
- State of Kentucky
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky